New Release: v3.12.0 ~ Introspective

v3.12.0 ~ Introspective

Release date: March 15th, 2023.

:musical_note: “Introspective” :musical_note:

This update includes a number of new features and enhancements for the Pro and CE versions. Check the release notes for your version below.

Overall this release gives users more options while also improving Passbolt’s functionality and security. The team extends a warm thank you to everyone who participated in the SSO alpha and beta tests cycles, for reporting issues and assisting us in resolving them.

Version 3.12 includes important fixes, such as only the administrators can see which users have MFA enabled now. This regression was spotted during the Cure53 March security audit. The full report will be available shortly. Spoiler alert: No critical vulnerability was found :smile:.

Lastly, more file formats for export are included in release 3.12. This provides more options for migrating data between applications.

:heart: If you enjoy Passbolt’s features and security, please show your support, please write a review on the app, extension, webstore, and repo :star2::star2::star2::star2::star2: (chrome , firefox, edge, ios, android, github)

:heart: Thank you to all the Passbolt developers for keeping our passwords safe :partying_face: :tada::heart:

:memo: Release Notes: Pro

:memo: Release Notes: CE

:new: The ability to customize Passbolt to output the action logs in syslog or a file, giving administrators more control and visibility on what is happening on their instance and leverage other tools for threat and unusual activity detection. Administrators can also implement their own handler for action logs to further customize their Passbolt instance reporting. A blog to demonstrate this new feature will be available soon :smile:.

:new: More file formats for migrating data

:fireworks: Cure53 March Audit Found No Critical Vulnerability :fireworks:

5 Likes

@Duffman,

Thanks for your comment. However, I wanted to emphasize that the most significant point about this community edition release is that we have now released the folder :file_folder: feature for all users.

Previously, this feature was only available for the PRO version, but now all Passbolt users can benefit from it.
Unlike other password managers, Passbolt allows you to add or import folders and share them in a highly customizable manner. You can share a folder or a subfolder, depending on your needs.
For more details, visit our blog: Introducing the new “Folders” feature | by passbolt | passbolt.

We welcome your feedback and invite you to show your support by adding a :star: on our API repo: GitHub - passbolt/passbolt_api: Passbolt CE Backend, a JSON API written with Cakephp.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hello, do you have any updates on the blogpost about using syslog or a file? I could not find any information about it in the documentation or passbolt UI.

Hello @oidc_user ,

we do not have a blog posted yet on this feature, but I can draw you the lines here. You will now find a new configuration file: audit_logs.php.
You can either configure this with env variables, or with the passbolt.php file.

For example if you decide to activate the audit logs on file, you would add to the passbolt.php file the following:

'Log' => [
        'actionLogsOnFile' => [
            'enabled' => true, 
            'file' => 'my-audit-log-file',
        ]
]

Audit logs will now be stored in the logs/my-audit-log-file.logfile.
Alternatively, set the env variables LOG_ACTION_LOGS_ON_FILE_ENABLED to true and the audit logs will be stored in logs/action-logs.log.

For syslogs, the env variable is LOG_ACTION_LOGS_ON_SYSLOG_ENABLED.

The formatter set to \Cake\Log\Formatter\JsonFormatter::class will store the audit logs in JSON format.

The strategy configuration enables to select only part of the syslogs to be written on a given channel. You may for example want to use the \Passbolt\Log\Strategy\ActionLogsErrorsOnlyQueryStrategy::class to store only the requests with a HTTP error on a given file.

Let me know if you are experiencing issues configuring.

This feature is still quite experimental, we are happy to get your feedback on it!

3 Likes